“I Like Big Butts And I Can Not Lie!”
Woah… Okay… Hold it right there Sir Mix-a-lot! This is a family show! So this post is all about… Glutes! otherwise know as you butt! Whether you’re training them to improve sports performance, prevent injuries or to just have a great looking peach here are…
3 Tips to Help You Build A Firmer Butt…
1) Select Glute Sculpting Exercises – Choose exercises that target your glutes, and ensure you can actually feel them working throughout. You should feel a ‘pump’, for want of a better word, and it should feel worked. Some great go to exercises I’d advise are:
A) Glute Bridge
B) Wide Stance Squats
C) Sumo Deadlift
D) Step Ups
2) Progressive Overload – To make any muscle grow you must use appropriate load and continue getting stronger over time. Hypertrophy (muscle building) is made easier by using slightly higher reps (6-12 reps) as it allows for greater volume for each session. Aim to get 40-70 reps total each session.
3) Increase Training Frequency – Current research suggests protein synthesis stays elevated for no longer than 48 hours which simply means you should look to maximise your muscle building efforts by training more frequently. My recommendation would be to train your glutes twice weekly to see the best results.
Try out my 3 Tips To Help You Build A Firmer Butt and you should soon notice that your bum is less pancake and more pert! Let me know what you think and how you get on by leaving your comments below!
This post was written by Ben Mulamehic
- Website – www.bmpersonaltraining.com
- Instagram: @bmpersonaltraining
- Twitter: @benjaminmulameh
If you’d like to write a guest post for LEP Fitness please contact Nick by clicking here