Arguably the most talented footballer on the planet, and blessed with more skill and trickery than David Copperfield.
Cristiano Ronaldo is admired by fans from all over the world for his footballing abilities, trendy haircuts, elaborate dives and his sculpted beach body.
His physique is envied by males and desired by females all over the world.
In this short article, I have put together a Cristiano Ronaldo Exercise Routine to help you cultivate a head turning physique.
Enough chit chat, Let’s get into the plan . . .
Cristiano Ronaldo Exercise Routine:
If you are unsure of any of the exercise below click ‘HERE’ to open up a new page, copy and paste the exercise and watch (Scott Herman video’s are excellent and I would recommend his demonstrations).
Day 1: Cristiano Ronaldo Exercise Routine
The workout . . .
- Exercise 1: Seated Hamstring curl machine (6 sets x 15-20 reps)
- Exercise 2: Squat Jumps (3 sets x 20-30 reps)
- Exercise 3: Leg press (5 sets x 15-20 reps)
- Exercise 4 : Walking Lunges (1 set x As Many Reps As Possible)
- Exercise 5: Leg extensions ( 5 sets – 50, 40, 30, 20, 10)
- Exercise 6: Seated Calf raises (4 sets x 25 reps)
Day 2: Cristiano Ronaldo Exercise Routine
The Workout . . .
- Exercise 1: Crunches (2 sets x 30-50 reps) + Front Plank (2 sets x Hold as long as possible)
- Exercise 2: Bicycle crunches (3 sets x 30-50 reps) + Back extensions (3 sets x 30-50 reps)
- Exercise 3: Medicine ball twists (2 sets x 20-40 reps) + Reverse Crunches (2 sets x As Many Reps As Possible)
- Day 3: Cristiano Ronaldo Exercise Routine
HIIT Training : Time to burn the fat.
The Workout . . .
- A : 3 minute warm up on the exercise bike.
- B : 20s cycling as fast as possible (100% effort), followed by 40s slow recovery cycling (30-50% effort), repeat this 10-20x, totalling 10 : 20 minutes.
- C : Front Plank (1 set x Hold as long as possible)
Day 5: Cristiano Ronaldo Exercise Routine
The Workout . . .
- Exercise 1: Lateral Pull down – Supination grip (3 sets x 15-20 reps)
- Exercise 2: Incline DB bench press (3 sets x 15-20 reps)
- Exercise 3: One arm DB row (3 sets x 12-15 reps)
- Exercise 4: Standing DB shoulder press (3 sets x 12-15 reps)
- Exercise 5: Seated DB curls + Push ups (3 sets x 10+ reps)
- Exercise 6: Crunches (1 set As Many Reps As Possible)
Day 6: Cristiano Ronaldo Exercise Routine
45-60 minute low intensity jog, steady state cardio. On an exertion scale of 1-10 (1 being easiest-10 being the hardest) you should stay between a 5-6 throughout you run .
- Perform this routine in the off season, when you have an opportunity to work on conditioning
- Consume plenty of complex carbohydrates to fuel workouts e.g. sweet potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, porridge oats
- Fast digesting carbohydrates are great during workouts e.g. Lucozade, vitargo, Highly branched cyclic dextrin
- Consume at least 1g of protein per lb of body weight everyday e.g. if you weigh 150lbs consume 150g of protein per day. There is 30g of protein per 150g of the following foods: chicken, Turkey, Beef steak, prawns, salmon. So aim to consume 5 meals per day with 30g protein at each meal.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water throughout the day and 1-2 litres throughout your training session
- Get plenty of sleep : aim for 8 hrs per night
- Take a multivitamin and Omega 3 tablet with your breakfast
- Train hard : push yourself out of your comfort zone each and every session
Final Note . . .
Try this routine for 6-10 weeks in the off season and I can 100% guarantee you will see major improvements. Make-sure to keep playing weekly football, work on your agility, skills, and match fitness.
Make-sure to read through the plan carefully and always consult a medical professional before embarking on this intensive exercise program, it is not for the faint hearted.
If you are looking for a set meal plan, that is tailored towards you and your goals, then you need a Custom Meal Plan. As always if you have any questions please drop me a message and I will get back to you.
Now go build a Cristiano Ronaldo Body . . .
Nick Screeton – founder of LEP Fitness 2012