Build a strong set of legs and torch body fat with this brutal workout…
It’s been a while since I posted a workout of the week, mainly because I’ve been doing the same workouts! This week I wanted to mix things up and do something different.
It’s great to mix things up, not only to keep your sanity in check! but also to ensure that you keep developing your physique, improve fitness and avoid plateaus.
Today’s session was legs, abs and cardio. The session took around 60 minutes (excluding the warm-up and cool down) and left me feeling absolutely exhausted, but high on endorphins! After typing up this post I’m going to plonk my butt down on the sofa and watch Netflix all day with Sally!
Workout Of The Week: Leg, Ab & Cardio Torture…
Warm Up: 15-30 minutes of mobility and foam rolling work (back, shoulders and legs)
- Overhead squats 8 sets x 1-5 reps (60s rest between each set)
- Lying hamstring curl 3 sets x 10-15 reps (60s rest between each set)
- Seated calf raise 3 sets x 10-15 reps (30s rest between each set)
- Sled sprints (20 meters) – go as fast as possible and complete 3 sets with 30s rest between each set
- Sled walks (5 minutes) – push a sled at walking speed for 5 minutes with no rest
- Rope crunches x 20 reps
- Hanging leg raises x 20 reps
- Front Plank x 60s
- Side plank x 60s (each side)
Rest for 60s between each round and complete 3 rounds in total.
Cool Down: 15-30 minutes of stretching (hips, glutes, thighs, hamstrings, calfs, shoulders and back)